Sunday, August 21, 2005
Going up? I don't believe you.
And those times when I push the elevator button and begin my wait for the double
doors to open... And then a newcomer makes a beeline to the button that is
ALREADY LIT and pushes again. Does he think each additional button press makes
the elevator fulfillment fairies work faster? Have I been standing in front of
the elevator just pretending to be waiting??
And especially those times when a bunch of people are already waiting for the
elevator and both the UP and DOWN buttons are obviously lit, and the newcomer
still presses one of them.
Comments:
<< Home
I've noticed this too. My theory is, the person who's arriving has it already in his mind that he'll get to the elevator and press the button. So he gets there, reaches out his arm, realizes the button is already lit but fears he'll look like a goofball to stick his hand out and then bring it back without having done anything.
So in this case he presses an already lit button because doing so provides him the feeling of having done *something*, even if he knows that something isn't productive.
Post a Comment
So in this case he presses an already lit button because doing so provides him the feeling of having done *something*, even if he knows that something isn't productive.
<< Home
